We are working with our client, an international group manufacturing within tier 1 Automotive who are currently on the lookout for an experienced Press Tool Process Engineer to join them at their site based in the North East.
responsible for forming and tooling process development of all new product designs and projects in all company regions.
- To support company Chassis programme and engineering activities.
- Definition of the most effective and competitive tooling process to achieve required forming attributes; definition of force and press allocation; definition of blanking process with minimum material use; studies of cost reduction opportunities, etc.
- Support quotation process during new business activities; identify the process option with best piece price and tooling cost combination, define and prepare quotation for the tooling cost.
- Through use of simulation software provide feasibility reports and develop alternative solutions to achieve forming requirements and maintain design attributes.
- Develop prototype process requirements and support build reviews to enable learning are fed back into the development of programme to ensure design sign off criteria is achieved.
- Support programme meetings and reviews (PFMEA, Manufacturing, Proto-builds, costing, purchase etc.).
Required Skill, Qualifications and Experience
- HNC/Degree or equivalent and/or have served a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship as a Toolmaker or equivalent.
- To possess significant experience in the Automotive industry within the stamping process design, preferably in Chassis.
- Able to travel and be assigned to programme support activities as required.
- Language: English B2 or C level.
- Experienced in CAD and Simulation softwares. CATIA and AutoForm experience would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in Tool design and/or Tooling processes is preferred.
- An awareness of manufacturing techniques, assembly and painting etc, would be beneficial.
Skills, Behaviours and Competencies
- Good communication skills to interact at all levels across the business including customers, suppliers, sales and engineers, with ability to present to a senior level of management.
- Good organisation skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Able to be a team-player and capable of working autonomously with objectives being set by the Manager and Programme teams.
- Must have ability to problem solve, analyse data and make suggestions for improvements.
- To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
- The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding engineering environment.
- 38 hours per week, UK and International travel occasionally as and when required.