3 Shift System, 8 hours, 40 hour week + 2% contributory pension scheme + 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
My client is a leading automotive component manufacturer based in Northamptonshire.
Having achieved double-digit growth, they are now recruiting heavily across multiple business functions at their site in Northamptonshire.
Being an Automotive Tier 1 supplier to the world’s leading Car manufacturers requires solid foundations coupled with rigorous process.
To this end, we have a genuine opportunity for an ambitious Process Engineer to come and work for this international business and start improving their own skills and knowledge whilst making the company even stronger!
It is the Process Engineers responsibility to;
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, equipment problems to minimise down time
- Recommend solutions to the Engineering Manager and Management Team.
- Develop or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures and equipment to ensure efficient production methods
- Assist the Process Engineers with revisions and improvements to methods, programmes, procedures including writing revised S.O.P’s
- Complete time studies to quantify processing times and identification of areas for process improvements
- Assist with hands on training of production operatives on new products, tooling and equipment
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities
- Install and validate equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time
- Commutable to Northampton
- Previous experience in engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of ONC or above in an engineering discipline
- Welding appreciation and experience
- ABB Robot knowledge and experience is desirable
- IT literate, able to generate and analyse data
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Self-motivated, strong, confident communicator
- Theory and Practical knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Six-Sigma techniques, Commercial capability and Product quality awareness