We are working on behalf of our client a world leading manufacturer of performance and fluid transfer systems operating in OEM and Automotive markets who are looking for a Procurement Manager to join them on a permanent basis at their site in Exeter.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, privately owned international group with manufacturing and distribution operations across the UK, USA, Mexico and Europe.
Reporting into the Chief Executive EMEA&A as Procurement Manager for their Global Automotive division as well as retail and motorsport manufacture. With a wide range of customer specific requirements within OEM, aftermarkets and motorsport divisions you will be required to manage the purchasing department to enable and ensure effective supply chain.
- You will build and lead a department that delivers a service to the company ensuring products are purchased to meet production plan, cost, quality, and delivery.
- Identify opportunities to reduce risk and achieve cost reductions
- Lead activities to improve effectiveness of supply base and supply chain.
- Develop strong relationships with existing and new supply partners to provide a secure and competitive group of suppliers across varying commodity groups.
- Conduct research to ascertain best suppliers
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturing, internal departments and customers
- Carry out effective management and reporting on key supplier issues
- Uphold all company HSE procedures
- Ensure documentation is completed with a timely, accurate and concise manner.
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitor progress and check quality provided.
- Processing of payments and invoices
- Forecasting price trends and potential impact on future activity.
- Lead presentations surrounding market analysis and changes.
- Develop and organise purchasing strategy.
- Evaluation of bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Attend meetings and trade shows
- Support CI within the business.
- Support and work alongside Purchasing Managers in the Americas.
- May require travel
- Strong experience within purchasing, supply management, logistics and manufacturing
- Thorough knowledge and experience within Automotive supply.
- Knowledge of fluid transfer systems an advantage
- Degree educated
- CIPS qualified
- Professional internally and externally, constantly striving to improve efficiency within purchasing
- Excellent communication skills across all departments
- Ability to carry out plans and meet agreed objectives
- Working above and beyond customer expectations internally and externally
- Professional standards set at all times