Solutions Recruitment are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager on a Fixed Term Contract for a client of our based in Leeds. This role will be developing and implementing the Commercial & Procurement strategy for the annual Procurement programme for specific categories.
- Provide support to stakeholders and the wider business for their procurement needs;
- Deliver savings in line with agreed targets;
- Analyse of data to highlight areas of opportunity for savings potential;
- Produce management information to show performance against category targets;
- Engage and support supplier relationship management meetings and contribute to the contract management process.
- You will also proactively conduct commercial negotiations with suppliers
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their needs
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Researches new products and services to meet company’s goals
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Qualification or working towards a qualification aligned to Commercial / Supply Chain / Procurement activities (CIPS preferred)
- Commercial awareness
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in negotiations and liaising with stakeholders
- Experience in Category Management and Supplier Relationship Management;
- Category expert for (Category Service)
- Competent user of e-procurement tools, such as Achilles and SAP Ariba
- Expertise in the end to end procurement cycle
SALARY: £35,000 – £40,000
CONTRACT: Fixed Term (12 Months)
HOURS: 40 Hours a week, Mon-Fri.
Solutions Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client.