We are working on behalf of our client a world leading manufacturer of performance and fluid transfer systems operating in OEM and Automotive markets who are looking for a Product Development Engineer to join them at their site in the South West.
- Reporting into the UK Design Manager you will work closely with design and technical teams to ensure new products and projects are delivered on time to budget.
- Work with prototype engineering during customer vehicle fit outs.
- Be a key member of company R&D responsible for bringing innovative, cost effective products to market.
- Work with quality teams to ensure all new / existing products meet regulatory / customer and internal test requirements
- Perform internal product testing and produce associated reports
- Educated to HNC or above in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years’ experience within a manufacturing development role
- Knowledge of fluid transfer systems a distinct advantage
- Previous experience of working within a tier 1 Automotive supply a distinct advantage
- Experience of ts16949 quality standards
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in team ensuring best outcome for company is achieved
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate a clear analytical approach with a methodical work process
- Ability to work to tight deadlines sometimes until design is complete to enable same day turnaround for key customers.