My client are a prestigious, incredibly successful consumer goods brand headquartered in Yorkshire. They are currently recruiting a Development Manager to join them on a permanent basis. Reporting in to the Head of Development you will Successfully develop new and existing products both within internal manufacturing and the external supply base. Ensuring product is commercially designed and stays at the forefront of material development & product technologies, Minimise risk by assuring compliance and provide recommendations in terms of cost effective methods of implementation.
• Develop cost effective product designs suitable for processing through the various suppliers processed and/or internal Manufacturing operations, handling/transportation & delivery through the Supply Chain, & ultimately satisfying the requirements of the depot, builder & end customer.
• Effective management of all projects to achieve the correct timing/schedule, quality & cost targets.
• Strategic planning of new product development and continuous design improvement initiatives.
• Point of contact for senior leadership communication, recommendations and feedback with respect to product development opportunities or issues.
• Leading a cross functional team whose responsibility is to develop and optimise market leading product proposals.
• Ensure that the product is accurately documented (technical & project).
• Manage research & advanced technical development projects.
• Develop and manage functional budget targeting improvements in efficiencies, resource utilisation, and travel and material costs.
• Recruit, motivate, train and develop staff within agreed policies & practices to maintain an effective workplace capable of meeting its objectives.
• Keep under review & recommend organisational changes to optimise working practices and staff career development.
• Degree qualified or equivalent Technical/Commercial qualification preferred, however must have a breadth of senior level industrial or material/product development experience including NPD/NPI processes.
• Knowledge and senior level experience in product design, design engineering, process engineering, materials and project/programme management
• Knowledge and experience of legislation, standards, compliance and testing
• Experience of working with a highly complex product portfolio across an International supply base in a fast moving environment
• Capability of leading, motivating & managing a team of professionals and capability to develop the function and the individual in line with the business dynamics