We are working on behalf of our client a market leading manufacturing group recognised within Sunday Times best companies who are currently seeking a Product Operations Manager to join them at their site in The East Riding of Yorkshire.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the day to day running of 2 operational areas and will ensure the product development and commercial agendas are supported through cross functional working and effective utilisation of technical resource to coordinate, conduct and report on product evaluation, testing and trials.
Also responsible for designing quality in and DFM (design for manufacture) to limit any potential future quality issues, support lowest cost of supply and 100% OTIF service. Their responsibility extends to product data creation and control as well as ensuring any technical legislation/compliance requirements are met.
- Reduce quality costs through effective product and packaging design
- To conduct and report on product evaluation, tests and trials
- Identify commercial savings opportunities through expert product, process and material knowledge
- To create and maintain product technical data
- Maintain technical legislation and compliance requirements
- Working closely cross functionally and with the supply base
- To advise the Technical Design Manager of any change in product specification or concessions requiring approval
- To keep the Technical Design Manager abreast of progress against the various projects to ensure business targets are met.
- Escalation of issues that may impact the effective and timely launch of new products, legislation/compliance matters, commercial savings or service to the depots
- Effective coordination of all daily technical/data activities
- On time delivery of technical testing, evaluation and trials in line with business targets e.g. New product development, Resourcing and value engineering
- Ongoing development of the operational team
- Prompt response to any technical queries or quality issues requiring support
- Interface with suppliers, quality, product development and commercial teams
- Effective control of legislation and compliance detail to maintain necessary requirements
- Effective development of supply chain friendly and commercially appropriate packaging and palletisation and installation instructions suitable for the small builder.
- Provide recommendations for technical approval
- Preferable degree qualified but not essential
- Knowledge of the Joinery & Hardware industry preferable but not essential
- 3+ years experience in a technical based role
- Previous experience in a mangaement/supervisory role
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple activities
- Effective and clear communicator
- Ability to lead, develop and manage the operational team to deliver business critical projects underpinning the growth agenda
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships both internally and externally
- Understands how their role contributes to the wider business agenda
- Keeps up to date with technical product, process and material developments within the Joinery & Hardware industry
- Understands what’s happening with legislation and compliance within the Joinery & Hardware Industry
- Effectively manages the workload of their team and is able to manage stakeholders to deliver activities in line with project timelines
- Effectively evaluates available data and uses insight and experience to in decision making
- Ability to understand and articulate technical detail to a wide ranging audience with different levels of technical knowledge.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for the success of his/her team and projects