We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are on the lookout for an experienced Production Controller to join them at their site in the North East.
Reporting in to the Production Control Manager you will be responsible for ensuring customer demand is met.
- Receive customer schedules and translate into accurate sales data.
- Produce detailed production plans, monitor performance to plan and advise / implement corrective actions.
- Manage stock levels in line with company targets to ensure we achieve 100% delivery performance.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities within the Production Control area.
- Be a key member of the New Projects team with responsibility for co-ordinating all Production Control and Logistics activities during new project introduction.
- Ideal candidates should be educated to HNC level.
- Institute of Operations Management, ideally Member.
- Demonstrated success in a high quality, high volume, lean environment
- Have a good working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated success in making significant contribution to continuous improvement activities.
- Demonstrated success in implementing JIT, Kanban, Lean principles.
- Have an understanding / awareness of EDI, Bar code technology and e- business systems.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, both internally and externally.
- Flexible attitude to working and ability to work under pressure if required.
- Self motivated, proactive and driven to ensure we achieve 100% delivery performance.
- Possess analytical and methodical approach to working and good organisational skills.