Responsible for the translation of Customer demand into production and material plans, which meet the company’s objectives, in terms of Quality, Cost and delivery. Must be able to support new project introduction and the implementation of new business systems.
- Receive customer schedules and translate into accurate sales data.
- Produce detailed production plans, monitor performance to plan and advise / implement corrective actions.
- Manage finished stock levels in line with company targets to ensure we achieve 100% delivery performance.
- Provide accurate forecast requirements to calculate labour requirements and sales forecast
- Regular and effective communication with relevant customers.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities within the Production Control area.
- Be a key member of the New Projects team with responsibility for co-ordinating all Production Control and Logistics activities during new project introduction and product run out.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- Demonstrated success in a high quality, high volume, lean environment
- Have a good working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP) and Microsoft Office applications to an advanced level.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated success in making significant contribution to continuous improvement activities.
- Have an understanding / awareness of EDI & Customer portal requirements.
- Demonstrated success in implementing JIT, Kanban, Lean principles.
- Ideal candidates should be educated to HNC level
Skills, Qualifications and Experience desirable
- Ideal candidate should be educated to HNC level
- Automotive experience
Based in Cannock but will be required to travel intermittently to other UK sites & customer locations. Driving licence preferred.
Hours / shifts
39 hours basis Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required to suit business needs.