We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are looking for an experienced Programme Manager to join them in a permanent role at their site in the West Midlands.
Reporting into the Programme Director you will be expected to deliver projects to plan and on budget. Being the point of contact with the customer during the programme.
• Ensure all project / program deliverables are met with respect to Quality Delivery and Cost utilising the company `New Product Creation System`. (GPCS)
• Support the acquisition / quotation process, ensuring all project deliverables can be met and gaining the plants support and agreement.
• Work in conjunction with the commercial and purchasing teams during the acquisition and program phase with accurate cost and timing information.
• Identifying any blockages that will impact Q.D.C. and formulate solutions to clear those obstacles
• Maintain a master timing plan for each project and program, ensuring the plant and support plans are also maintained and in line with latest level.
• Control and maintain program budgets and part price tracking with the ultimate goal of improving overall project profitability during life cycle
• Escalate risks / issues to senior management in a timely manner and providing viable solutions.
• Report project / program status to senior management in accordance with scheduled program reviews and reporting formats
• Lead the Project Team during customer PMST meetings / escalation meetings where deemed necessary
• Organise and chair the project accountable meetings managing milestone attainment and gateway timing.
• Identify potential opportunities to improve key financial measures. (Tooling, Capital, EBIT IRR)
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
• Strong people management skills to lead manage and motivate a team including Global location teams.
• Proven experience of delivering a major Engineering / Capital programs, on time and to budget.
• An ability to translate customer requirements and specification into a concise work plan by all internal functional areas.
• Strong experience of customer interfacing and management.
• Demonstrate a disciplined approach to program management, with a working knowledge of customer systems.
• Commercial awareness and financial acumen.
• Experienced in providing fully integrated service to the customer within in a Vehicle Development environment.
• Self-motivated and the drive to succeed
• To have experience of APQP
• Available to travel to and work at Customer, Division and Supplier sites as required for varying time periods.
• Qualified to Degree or equivalent level in Engineering or related subject, ideally experienced in Body In White Engineering.
• PRINCE2 Project Management training preferred, but not mandatory.
• Good computer literacy specifically in Microsoft Office.
• Second language is desirable.
• Driving licence.
• Core hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and Friday 08:00 to 13:00hrs. Additional hours required to suit the needs of the business.