A specialists in sub contract fabrication, machining and the manufacture of bespoke turnkey solutions for various industries including Offshore, Subsea, Petrochemical, Material Handling, Construction and Sub-Contract Fabrications.
A full time, permanent position is available for an individual able to demonstrate the required skills and attitude to become an integral part of the team.
Reporting into the General Manager applicants will be expected to liaise with existing and future customers to ensure work is estimated and quoted in a timely manner. Subsequent orders/projects are processed into production including any design input required and managed throughout the project lifecycle to ensure successful completion.
This role is key to driving growth and developing the future of the business and as such the responsibilities and projects will be continually changing bringing with them new and exciting opportunities. The right candidate must be driven to succeed and be able to adapt to varying customer/industry needs and specifications.
- Manage a portfolio of existing and new customers
- Respond to new and existing customer request for quotations
- Provide costings and quotations in a timely manner in line with customer drawings and specifications
- Work with production to determine accurate lead times for quotation
- Convert successful orders into production paperwork and handover to relevant departments in a controlled manner
- Manage customer specific project plans, project update documents
- Hold project kick off meetings/contract review meetings internally to communicate project needs
- Attend and play an active part in customer production/project review meetings
- Manage supply base/sub contracted operations to ensure no delays in production plan
- Develop and maintain standard operations and procedures relating to daily routines.
- Adopt a continuous improvement attitude to daily tasks
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills:
- Previous experience of a cost estimating role within subcontract manufacturing is preferred
- Project management experience in a similar industry
- Engineering/ CNC Machining and Fabrication background
- Capable of producing manufacturing drawings in AutoCad/Autocad Inventor Pro (2D essential, 3D preferable)
- Wide knowledge and experience of engineering principles
- Excellent mathematical and numerical skills
- Understand technical drawings
- Understand Project ITPs, Quality Control Plans and Documentation Packs
- Able to understand different industry/customer needs and tailor specific solutions
- Comfortable managing multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Produce BOMs and manufacturing build plans with estimated production times
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, individually and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and a professional manner
- Able to prioritise own schedule of work and show good organization skills.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Good level of computer literacy – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Also desirable (not essential)
- Experience of managing ‘site work’ and turnkey project teams
- Purchasing – understanding of basic materials and potential supply base
- Experience of Oil and Gas, Offshore or Subsea customer base and their specific standards and procedures
- Experience of ERP/MRP/CRM databases
- Good understanding of the ISO 9001 quality system.
- Liaise with supply chain to gain best possible pricing on purchased items as part of quotation package