I’m assisting a prestigious engineering organisation who are going through an exciting period of growth. Consequently, they are looking for a Project / Design Engineer to work on a permanent basis, offering competitive salary and company benefits.
- Take personal responsibility and ownership for special purpose projects including feasibility studies, detailed designs and drawings, plant layout, resource planning, budgeting, tendering, building, installation, commissioning and handover.
- Own and execute technical engineering projects through innovative bespoke designs, project planning, prioritisation, working with internal and external stakeholders, inventory assessments and financial analysis.
- Play an active role in project design and planning meetings, offering insight, advice, technical expertise, innovative solutions and support to Site Managers and other internal stakeholders. Identify any business critical engineering issues, project barriers or technical issues arising during operations in order to identify route cause and implement robust and timely solutions.
- Contribute to the continuous review of design and project management processes, communication methods, compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements and departmental workload to ensure the department continues to operate to a high standard.
- Work with external suppliers and sub contractors to ensure services provided meet expectations and project and business objectives. Provide accurate and detailed information including technical drawings, schematics, functional specifications to enabling external partners to provide value added support to the business where required
- Work closely with Group Purchasing and Procurement to ensure the sourcing of any raw materials, component parts, plant and equipment is sourced responsibly and competitively.
- Work closely with site managers on all major projects to gain support, understand their operational requirements and objectives, achieve project goals and achieve a smooth client handover in line with company expectations and legislative requirements.
- B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A thorough understanding of the Machinery Directive, Construction Design Management and Industry Accreditations
- A good understanding of Quality Systems and standards such as BSI SKILLS
- A keen eye for bespoke design and innovation – can see the solution where others may not
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D and Solidworks 3D CAD
- Proven experience and detailed knowledge of stress calculations
- A thorough understanding of Drive and Transmission calculations and specification
- Good IT skills
• Extensive and demonstrable experience of producing technically correct and compliant design solutions from concept to commissioning including appropriate and detailed calculations, design reviews, risk analysis etc
• Experience of Bulk Materials Handling, Mechanical Handling Plant and Special Purpose Design
• Experience of working in heavy industry
• Hydraulic and Pneumatic Experience
• Project Management experience within a design engineering role
Please contact Chris Steenberg on 0191 221 0402 or email@example.com
Contract Length: Permanent