As a key member of the companies commercial team, the primary focus of the role is to provide engineered solution for sales and projects that will enable the company to deliver projects to a world class standard.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. All employees have a responsibility to comply with the Integrated Management System (IMS) and minimise any impact on the environment whilst carrying out their duties.
2. Ensure compliance to the Integrated Management System (IMS) and minimise the impact on the environment.
3. Ensure all relevant technical standards and specifications are adhered to for full technical compliance without supervision outside of departmental guidelines.
4. Responsible for ensuring high levels of engineering quality throughout the project/manufacturing processes.
5. Demonstrate technical competence and expertise for company and any associated 3rd party equipment
6. Part of a team of multi-discipline personnel, inputting a wide experience of fire and gas detection knowledge
7. Responsible for the technical specification and timely implementation of engineered solutions
8. Provide technical support as required to sales and service teams
9. Attend regular production meetings and manage manufacturing/ purchasing teams to ensure system manufacturing is successful
10. Attend Project Kick off meetings if requested by Project Management to manage customer expectations
11. Attend internal project reviews ensuring full technical compliance for engineering and export compliance
12. Perform Factory Acceptance Testing (with clients if required)
13. Continuous communication with Project Managers, Manufacturing and Purchasing
14. Create accurate bills of materials and costing sheets ensuring budget is managed for sales and projects.
15. Manage manufacturing team for system builds on projects
16. Fault finding and testing of products and manufactured systems to component level
17. Conducting customer site surveys both onshore and offshore
18. Problem solving and lessons learned
19. Ensure locally targeted strategic market / product launches for UK & MEAI comply with relative local industry standards
20. Effective use of CRM through the use of opportunities, tasks and other entities to understand the project status and ensure full transparency
– Completion of an Instrumentation, Electrical or similar modern apprenticeship
– Bachelor degree or HNC/HND in Instrumentation, Electrical or similar
– Relative experience in gas detection systems – Extensive experience in related industries
Skills, Special Competencies, or Certifications
– IT knowledge – Customer orientation – Ability to organise and prioritise – Ability to work within a team – Reliability – Capability of assessment to make appropriate decisions – Problem Solving – Instrumentation & Control Engineer knowledge
For more information, please contact Chris Steenberg on:
0191 221 0402 or email@example.com