Project Manager with background in Mechanical & Process Piping, Cleanroom and Design & Build projects.
Single point accountability for the safe and successful delivery of projects
• Financial – P&L and cashflow accountability for projects
• Organisational – Project Teams varying from 5 to 50 personnel
• Location – prepared to travel and work anywhere in the UK
• Internal: Various including Regional Director, Board, Commercial Team, Finance & Purchasing Teams, Health & Safety
• External: Client, key supply chain partners, consultants
• HSEQ leadership on project including ensuring SSOW & QMS are in place
• P&L and Cashflow accountability for the project
• Develop project execution plans & strategies in line with the contract, including handover plan
• Lead client, external parties & stakeholders relationship management
• Establish project programme, procurement and construction schedules
• Manage risk & expectations to ensure safe & successful delivery
• Source & manage the project team to ensure technical & functional expertise is balanced to safely & successfully deliver
• Ensure scope, cost, time & performance are managed to ensure the safe & successful completion of the project
• Monitor the scope and programme to identify any variations or extensions of time that should be issued to the client; identify and mitigate where is running late
• Promote positive industrial relations with workforce including agency employees and subcontractors
• Oversee project supply chain management including purchasing and subcontracts in line with company procedures
• Ensure third party services are planned and are available to meet the needs of the project
• Ensure off site fabrication is managed, tracked and controlled to meet project programme
• Lead project control activities including planning, scheduling, progress monitoring, productivity & reporting
• Lead project commercial activities including cost tracking and control, forecasting, valuation, WIP control, invoicing & cash collections
• Review project performance on completion and ensure learning is shared to improve future project planning and performance
Personal Qualities & Experience:
• The individual will be suitably qualified and experienced, including a base discipline in mechanical engineering, cleanroom or design and build.
• A PRINCE2 or equivalent professional qualification is desirable.
• 5 years plus, project managing mechanical, cleanroom or design & build projects with a value >£2 million
• Experience in managing employees and contracted workforce across multiple trades/disciplines
• Strong market/sector knowledge
• Background in industry ideally including one of the following specialist areas: mechanical, pipework, cleanrooms, electrical control and instrumentation or design and build.
Proven Capability in the following areas:-
• Site & construction management in mechanical, pipework, cleanrooms, EC&I and/or design and build
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong computer literacy, especially Excel proficiency
• Strong commercial and contractual knowledge/understanding including contract law, profit and loss, adjudication, variations and
• Minimum 5 years as a Project Manager with a demonstrable safe & successful track record
• Leadership: Recognises opportunities. Forms a vision of what can be achieved. Challenges self and others to deliver exceptional results.
• Results Driven: Sorts through complex data; gathers relevant viewpoints. Identifies important issues, thinking through alternatives. Integrates intuition and data, makes well reasoned conclusions and develops robust plan of action. Recognises developing problems and handles them well. Sets up robust monitoring and anticipates/responds to change with pace and practicality
• Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level. Sets high standards and expects the same from self and others
• Teamwork & Collaboration: Builds and leads effective high performing teams. Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of the customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others. Works collaboratively across internal and external functions/people.
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions. Manages the experience of customers to ensure long term relationships are built and maintained.
• Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Recognises the most important issues; makes effective plans; gets resources in place to achieve key objectives. Delivers strong results consistently
• Honesty & Integrity Demonstrates honesty, integrity, high personal standards and sound business ethics. Builds trust with others through personal authenticity and follows through on commitments.
• Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands – is energised by change. Able to adapt and flex own style and approach to suit the circumstance. Demonstrates resilience and capability to handle multiple priorities, pressure and pace.
• Innovation: Finds new improvement opportunities; generates ways to get better results. Searches out and re-applies proven ideas and methods to new situations. Reviews performance to learn from the past and improve the future.
Please contact Chris Steenberg – 0191 221 0402 or email@example.com