Solutions Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk for our client in Newcastle. They are looking for someone with a good experience in a ledger clerk position. The successful candidate will earn £17,000 to £20,000 and will be employed on a full time, permanent contract.
- Process Invoices, reconciling to PO’s where necessary, and ensuring accuracy of coding.
- Maintain adequate records of pro-forma invoices issued and chase up associated invoices.
- Collate and process expense claims in line with company policy.
- Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required.
- Reconcile suppler statements to supplier purchase ledger accounts.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within Purchase Ledger.
- Responsible for the monthly closure of the Purchase Ledger.
- Ensure adherence to any month-end deadlines.
1.Prepare payment batches and enter payment through BACS or manual cheque, for all approved balances on a weekly basis.
- Ensure prompt filing of supplier invoices.
- To liaise with suppliers concerning invoice queries.
- Ensure adherence to month-end deadlines.
Administration and Assistance
- To undertake ad hoc tasks as required from time to time by the Financial Controller to assist in the general running of the Department.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- At least 2 years’ experience of working as a purchase ledger clerk.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet.
Please note if you have not heard back from us within 10 days of forwarding your CV then unfortunately on this occasion your application will have been unsuccessful.