Job Description – PL Supervisor
Responsible to the Financial Accountant
Supervising and developing a team of purchase ledger clerks to ensure that all suppliers are paid accurately and within agreed terms.
Core Performance Areas:
– Day to day running of the purchase ledger function, ensuring the integrity of the ledger and ensuring best practice in all aspects of the function.
– Supervision of a team of PL Clerks ensuring everyone is working to a clear plan to ensure that all invoices are processed and paid in timely and accurate manner, within terms agreed with supplier. To include production of weekly KPI report for each PL clerk to monitor performance.
– Monthly review of all stock supplier payment reconciliations and subsequent detailed review of outstanding queries where required.
– Authorise all non-stock invoices ensuring accuracy of all supplier and general ledger coding and confirmation that invoice has been authorised for payment in line with company policy.
– Process all supplier payments onto the system, in line with clear control procedures.
– Identifying staff training and development requirements, and subsequent implementation of a plan to achieve agreed objectives.
– Liaise with Financial Accountant to ensure the timely cut off of the purchase ledger on a monthly basis, ensuring all invoices processed to the invoice register in line with accounts timetable.
– Deal with suppliers in a professional and efficient manner to positively impact on supplier relations.
– Undertake, as required, project work and/or other duties in keeping with the general nature of the position.
Personal Qualities / Qualifications:
– Previous experience in staff supervision within a purchase ledger function is essential.
– Priority setting and leadership experience, in a fast paced environment.
– AAT Qualification (or equivalent) preferable.
– Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
– Flexible in approach with a can do attitude.
– Ability to liaise with suppliers to enhance the working relationship with ScS.
– A sound appreciation and knowledge of a computerised purchase ledger system.
– Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
– Experience of continuous improvement environment.