My client are a leading manufacturer of safety critical components for the power sector. Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, my client seeks a Quality Coordinator to direct, support and oversee the quality function: to deliver optimum performance whilst adhering to all Company Standards of conduct, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Lead Quality Testing for special projects
- Perform Supplemental Testing completion
- Procure and Deliver of Samples to head office for global studies
- Test, when necessary, and Approve Incoming Raw Materials (CoA against Spec), including database management
- Review Online SPC with QC Techs/Operators/Management.
- Assist Quality Manager in investigations into Customer Complaints.
- Provide QC Lab support to Production/R&D during trials/PPAP’s etc.
- Manage QA Hold area
- Quality Induction for all new employees
- Manage Risk locally
- Assist HPT Projects
- Assist Change Management Leader in implementation of quality lean projects
- Lead Quality 5S efforts
- Perform Internal Audits (System/Parts and process/Dock).
- Manage Quality Department SOP Documents and train employees on SOPs
- Update the Quality Management System using SharePoint as and when required
- Assist in customer audits and regulatory body requests.
- Participate in Gemba walks
- Represent Quality in Production Meetings, in absence of Manager
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable experience gained in a leadership quality role (i.e. team-leader and above) working in a manufacturing environment. Key selection criteria includes:
- Educated to HNC level (as a minimum) in an appropriate discipline
- Certified internal auditor
- Knowledge and experience of implementing lean/CI tools
- Knowledge and experience of utilizing Process Capability tools PPK/CPK
- Ideally will have knowledge and experience of using Mini-Tab software
- Happy to work in a demanding high-volume manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail