We are working on behalf of our client, currently looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join them at their manufacturing site based in Newcastle. This is a permanent role that may suit someone with experience of working within Aerospace.
• Assist Engineering teams as part of new product introduction process to navigate part approval and sign off with customer including PPAP.
• To assist the QA Manager to ensure continued accreditation of any Quality Management Certifications that are held by the company
• To assist QA Manager with liaison and co-ordination of activities with 3rd party certification and audit bodies.
• To assist QA Manager with the management, maintenance and development of the Company Business Operating System, BOS, and the procedures and documents therein.
• To conduct internal audits defined in the internal audit schedule under ISO 9001-2000 QMS and ensure adherence including carrying out internal audits on both documented procedures and manufacturing processes.
• To assist with the acquisition of new Quality Certifications for the company.
• Lead assigned improvement activities using structured problem solving techniques such as six sigma and 8D etc.
• To act as a point of contact for customer concerns, as required. Assist the QA Manager to co-ordinate the response, corrective and preventative actions necessary to resolve any concern issues.
• To assist the QA Manager to ensure that Internal and Supplier non-conformance 8D reports are completed to acceptable and agreed levels and implemented effectively.
• To assist the QA Manager to monitor customer and internal non-conformances and analyse data to put forward improvements to reduce the rate of occurrence.
• To actively promote and encourage a culture of continuous improvement.
• To assist inspection of goods/services as required
• To advise operators on good inspection practice
• To conduct training in metrology techniques (including FARO) as required
• Signing off of inspection reports as required
• Supervision of inspection activity as required
• Diploma in Quality Assurance (or similar)
• Educated to A level standard
• Minimum of five year’s experience working in a Quality role (Technician / Engineer grade or higher).
• Use of Quality tools (Pareto, SPC, 5 Why’s, Fishbone etc)
• Working to ISO9001 and/or similar standards
• Able to create procedures, work instructions, standard operating procedures
• Able to use 8D non conformance handling techniques (or similar)
• Auditing quality systems
• Dealing with customer concerns
• Working in a manufacturing/engineering environment
• Using various types of metrology equipment