We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are on the lookout for an experienced, Time served Quality Technician to join them at their site in the West Midlands.
- Conduct regular Product and Process audits and feedback information as required taking appropraite actions
- Ensure that all Shift Operators adhere to the quality elements of the Standard Operating Procedures
- Identify any product or process non-conformity and potential improvement ideas.
- Ensure effective communication of Quality data to the manufacturing teams and to facilitate actions to improve.
- Assist in the resolution of Customer & Internal concerns with the Quality Engineers.
- Provide support to Plant Quality Engineers to enable Plant KPI’s to be achieved.
- Support team based problem-solving activities using structured techniques.
- The jobholder may be required to visit customer/supplier locations under the direction of the Quality Engineer in order to resolve concerns.
- To be a capable user of core basic quality tools & techniques and their application, typically: Ishikawa, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams, etcSet standards / supply correct documentation / train personnel regarding any concern containment actions
- Educated to a minimum ONC level in an engineering related discipline and willing to progress onto HNC
- A good working knowledge of metal forming and fabrication processes.
- Applicants would ideally have served a recognised Apprenticeship and educated in an Engineering/Manufacturing discipline to ONC/HNC level.
- Previous experience ideally in quality function of a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of quality basic core tools and techniques
- The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding manufacturing enviroment
- Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
- Good interpersonal and organization skills, ability to pay close attention to detail