We are working on a behalf of our client, a world leading tier 1 Automotive manufacturer who are on the lookout for an experienced Qulaity Technician to join them at their site in Newton Aycliffe.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing ongoing quality support to the prototype manufacturing activities, measurements with CMM and Quality Engineering tasks in order to ensure adherence to the company quality systems, procedures and control plans.
- Realization of Incoming Inspection and Delivery release controls.
- Ensure that Operators adhere to the quality elements of the Operating Procedures.
- Measurement of the Chassis Prototype parts when necessary
- Conduct regular Product audits and feedback information with the Quality Engineer for his validation.
- Identify any product or process non-conformity and potential improvement ideas.
- Ensure effective communication of Quality data to the prototypes manufacturing teams and to facilitate actions to improve.
- Assist in the resolution of Customer & Internal concerns with the Quality Engineers.
- Provide support to Chassis Quality Engineers to enable KPI’s to be achieved.
- Support team based problem-solving activities.
- The jobholder may be required to visit customer/supplier locations with the Quality Engineer in order to resolve concerns.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- Ideally a good knowledge of pressing and arc welding manufacturing process
- Previous experience ideally in quality function of a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate capability for measuring parts using CMM
- Good working knowledge of quality tools and techniques & fully competent in Microsoft IT packages.
- Applicants would ideally have served a recognised Apprenticeship and educated in an Engineering/Manufacturing discipline to ONC/HNC level.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
- To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
- 37.5 hours based on 3 shift pattern. Must have a flexible approach to working hours as extra hours and weekends will be required on occasion.