We are working on behalf of our client. An international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are looking for a time served experienced Quality Technician to join them in a permanent vacancy. This is a fantastic opportunity for aspirational Technicians who will be looking to step into A quality Engineer role at some point.
* Ensure that all Shift Operators adhere to the quality elements of the Standard Operating Procedures
* Conduct regular Product and Process audits and feedback information as required.
* Identify any product or process non-conformity and potential improvement ideas.
* Ensure effective communication of Quality data to the manufacturing teams and to facilitate actions to improve.
* Assist in the resolution of Customer & Internal concerns with the Quality Engineers.
* Provide support to Plant Quality Engineers to enable Plant KPI’s to be achieved.
* Support team based problem-solving activities using structured techniques.
* The jobholder may be required to visit customer/supplier locations with the Quality Engineers in order to resolve concerns.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
* Demonstrate a good knowledge of pressing and fabrication manufacturing process
* Previous experience ideally in quality function of a fast moving manufacturing environment
* Good working knowledge of quality tools and techniques & fully competent in Microsoft IT packages.
* Applicants would ideally have served a recognised Apprenticeship and educated in an Engineering/Manufacturing discipline to ONC/HNC level.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
* The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding manufacturing environment.
* Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
* Good interpersonal and organisation skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
* To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
* 37.5 hours based on 3 shift pattern. Must have a flexible approach to working hours as extra hours and weekends will be required on occasion.