My client is a leading food manufacturing organisation based in the North East of England specialising in specialty snack foods for the consumer market. Having experienced highly impressive organic growth through on-going excellence in performance, my client seeks a Quality Assurance Manager to play an integral role in their continued development against ambitious growth plans.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for the day to day management food safety and quality issues. The Quality Assurance Manager will be part of a small but effective QA team that is involved with day to day factory floor operations, ensuring high standards are maintained and current site systems are challenged and developed.
- Implementation and development of food safety systems and procedures in line with BRC Global Standards and other retailer Codes of Practices
- Conducting gap analysis of new legalization, standards or codes of practices against current systems. Ensuring these changes are implemented into systems and embedded.
- Ensuring the products are safe, legal and meet required standard to the agreed specification
- Developing the HACCP culture within the factory and implementing the HACCP plan as well as pre-requisite programme
- Custodian of the internal audit programme, ensuring non-conformances are closed out with robust corrective actions using root cause analysis
- Providing reports for all levels within the company on performance and key KPI’s to drive improvements
- Coordinate product recalls/withdrawals/RTM’s and collate relevant paperwork
- Log, investigate and respond to all customer complaints within the required timeframe
- Provide assistance in the completion of Quality Incident Report
- Assisting in the development of the food safety strategy for the site via the quality management review
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable experience gained in a quality or technical management position within the food manufacturing sector. You will be educated to a minimum of HNC in a relevant Food Science or related subject .
Key selection criteria includes:
- HACCP Level 4, Food Safety Level 4
- Proven experience of leadership
- High level of numerical and presentation skills
- Strong eye for detail
- Proficient in IT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Results focused with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Working knowledge of the BRC Standard and QMS Systems
- Highly developed auditing skills
- Exposure to CI
- Experience of external specifications
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proven experience of multi-tasking in a similar environment or role
- Clear attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills with a structured approach to work
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate organisational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to work accurately and methodically and work to deadlines.