We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing in Tier 1 Automotive who are on currently taking on 3 SAP Inventory Controllers to join them on a permanent basis as their plant in South Wales. Reporting into the Logistics Manager you will be responsible for Inventory Accuracy and Improvement in SAP.
Responsible for supporting the business by ensuring SAP stock and stock transactions are as accurate as possible.
- Monitoring these processes and taking the appropriate actions as per the indicators results.
- Reporting the results of these processes performance.
- Supporting business users, particularly on the shop floor, to ensure that process requirements are adhered to.
- Promoting the continuous improvement of these processes
- Audit material stock holding and analysis of stock transactions to assess SAP stock accuracy
- Review of any inaccuracies and relevant processes to improve system data
- Root cause analysis of issues
- Collation of metrics and measurement of improvements
- Analysis and support for the implementation of required corrective actions for any issues. Ensure that adequate communication takes place internally: relevant issues are to be communicated to the rest of departments and information is to be escalated appropriately. Key areas/departments to coordinate with are: Production personnel, SAP Master user, Engineers, Planners, Quality
- Training and supporting shop floor and logistics personnel in stock and manufacturing related processes
- Work to pro-actively reduce stockholding and waste, increase stock turns and reduce all costs associated with stock holding.
- Work with other UK sites to establish common practices and KPIs
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
These should include:
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes, products and components
- Good numeracy skills
- PC literate; experience of excel and Word. Experience of SAP usage or capable of learning about the SAP system and methods of material control (Have a good working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP R/3) and Microsoft Office applications).
- Able to take instruction but also capable of working under minimal supervision.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- Highly organised with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritise workload.
- Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills, open to change and have a can-do approach.
- Must be able to establish clear objectives and be result focused.
- Experienced in managing and developing direct reports.
- Strong system knowledge coupled with highly developed analytical skills and preferably SAP R/3 experience.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and make quick decisions in a pressured environment.
- Tenacious and willing to ensure problem resolution
Based in Llanelli but may be required to travel intermittently to other UK sites; driving licence preferred
39 hours basic. Monday – Friday. Must have a flexible approach to working hours as extra hours and weekends will be required on occasion. Flexibility to work a 3 shift pattern is needed.