Solutions Recruitment are looking to recruit a Senior Claims Handler to work within Motor Insurance for a prestigious organisation in Glasgow.
The role will be to provide technical and practical support, high level dealing with recovery of insurers outlays and non-PI uninsured loss recovery matters; from pre-litigation action to issue of proceedings through to enforcement.
Main responsibilities: –
- To take initial instructions from clients and to advise, as appropriate on the legal action and all alternatives, as appropriate, open to the client.
- To keep the client informed as required by the firms departments set procedures.
- To manage the case load independently, ensuring compliance with service level agreements.
- Investigate liability and assess recovery prospects.
- Draft court proceedings.
- Deal with court mail, client correspondence and correspondence from Defendant solicitors and insurers.
- Action telephone calls from Clients, Defendants, Defendant Solicitors and Insurers.
- Negotiate settlements.
- Ensure court dates are complied with as per all directions / court documents.
- Draft witness statements in a timely manner.
- Brief counsel prior to any hearings.
- Undertake regular audit reviews of Litigation Clerks files, as and when directed by the unit manager.
- Provide 1-2-1 and group technical support for other team members.
- Ensure own technical knowledge is up to date and to be a “point of referral” for more complex matters such as credit hire, fast and multi-track claims and solicitors cost recovery.
- To meet on a regular basis with the person to whom the post holder reports to review cases and any other matters relevant to the post holders position. To report to the post holders supervisor immediately any difficulties being experienced, in particular, those which may lead to a negligence action being taken against the firm and/or a complaint from a client via the Solicitors Complaints Bureau and /or the firms complaints procedure.