Senior Data Analyst, Cheltenham
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Our client is a hugely successful and well established engineering company who are keen to recruit an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join their team. The successful candidate will be required to identify, extract, manipulate, expand product data and documents to create a full data set ready to be uploaded into PLM and take the lead in some area’s of data activities.
Responsibilities will include:
– Analysis of current state of data & documents.
– Pre-cleansing & preparation, to minimize data migration burden & business disruption.
– Extract data from within the business (assessing various sources) and cleanse.
– Extract of unstructured data. (E.g. Contained within documents), and convert to structured data ready for migration.
– Develop robust methods of error checking & verify accuracy of data ready for migration.
– Transform data as necessary.
– Identify and implement processes of cleaning and preparation to enable swift repetition.
– Review of data with relevant business representatives and validate prior to upload to PLM.
– Develop Policy and plans to ensure that the organisation continues to actively manage their product related information
– Good understanding of product related information and how it is used by Engineering, Manufacturing, Research & Development (or similar) companies.
– Good working knowledge of data cleanse, ETL and de-duplication tools and technologies.
– International travel
– Flexible enough to work to altering deadlines & priorities as required. – Ability to deliver under pressure.
– Ability to communicate with key business stakeholders to validate and agree data.
– Enthusiastic to make a difference and to improve data quality / accuracy.
The successful candidate will also have the following:
– Minimum of 3 years experience in an Engineering, Manufacturing, Research & Development (or similar) data role.
– Proven data extract and manipulation ability.
– Proven data quality improvement within previous role.
– Experience of successful migration and transformation.
– Ideally have worked with or knowledge of ‘Product Lifecycle Management’ systems