Senior / Lead Developer, Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience
I’m delighted to be supporting this marketing leading, award winning finance and solutions company in their quest to expand their current IT function. My client has offices in various locations over the globe, however there is a current requirement within their Newcastle based IT department. Due to an increase in workload and projects to be taken on, they require another 2 experienced developers to join their busy team.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of Development, managing and working as part of a small team devoted to delivering change. You will do that in accordance with the clients technology strategy including making sure that the existing software architecture within the business is working well and being used efficiently. You will be involved with a blend of programming and administration tasks; working with various Stakeholders to deliver technical change through analysis, diagnosis and solution design & definition. The role will require a balance of technical skills, business knowledge, troubleshooting expertise, and excellent soft skills.
– Partner with Release Management in the definition of the deployment planning and implementation of software and configuration changes to the live environment in accordance with release instructions, agreed service impacts and timescales.
– Identify and execute improvements in change procedures to ensure the client uses Agile processes efficiently.
– Work alongside project teams (analysts, developers, testers and implementation managers) during software release.
– Work with the operations team to ensure changes are implemented and handed over appropriately and ensure updates are made to operational procedures.
– Focus on completing work within agreed timescales and reducing any downtime and operational impact
– Adhere to appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies: change control, security, auditing, release promotion, configuration management, incident management
– Ensure all investigations and work undertaken is logged in a timely and comprehensive manner.
– Ensure correct procedures are followed and SLAs achieved when progressing tasks and that procedures and checklists are kept up to date.
– Drive the documentation and review revised procedures for both Application Support and Operations teams to pro-actively identify productivity opportunities.
– Drive excellence in application development & the Agile software delivery life cycle.
– Ensure high quality support documentation and diagrams on collaborative platforms
– Deliver professional 3rd line application support for middleware and integration systems, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment
If you’re taken on as a Lead then you will have additional responsibilities:
– Ensuring teams follow best practices for:
Code quality and maintainability
Architecture vision and design
Source control branching strategies and Git processes
– Build on existing processes to reduce the manual work of existing teams.
– Introduce new technologies to the business
– Support the Technical Leadership team with mentoring other team members
– Educate the business on Agile / SCRUM methodologies
– Review and access code from peers.
– Change implementation
– Strong experience gained as a Developer / Senior Developer/Software Engineer or similar role including experience managing and leading a global team. (depending on the level of role you’re applying to)
– Experienced in Software Development Lifecycles (Lean/Agile)
– Experience in software configuration management (Git and Git Flow)
– Experience in a Windows based 24/7 environment
– Experience in writing and using transact-SQL queries, VB.NET, C#.NET.
– MS SQL/Windows
– Amazon Web Services
– A logical approach and ability to think outside the box when problem solving and the flexibility to work in a fast changing 24/7 operational support environment
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
– Ability to deal with both technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
– Knowledge of ITIL for service management
– Excellent organisational, interpersonal skills
– A great communicator
If you’re an experienced developer looking for a change, or a developer with a few years experience looking for a step up, then I’m very keen to hear from you.
Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience