Senior Mobile Software Developer, Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary circa £40,000 (flexible depending on experience)
My client is a hugely successful international software house with EMEA head offices in Newcastle. With such exciting growth plans ahead, they have a requirement for an experienced Senior Mobile Software Developer to join their team in Newcastle. The successful candidate will have a solid history of delivering mobile enabled enterprise solutions. The Newcastle based team provide software solutions on a worldwide basis that include document management, project management, building information modelling and mobile field operations
Responsibilities will include:
– Working with system architect and development and QA teams to perform product design, implementation, defect verification and remedy on application software projects
– Liaising directly with Product Management team to implement against product requirements, and solicit more information as required to deliver on time and with quality.
– Identifying opportunities for improving software development methods and procedures and communicating recommendations appropriately.
– Designing and building advanced applications for mobile platforms
– Native Android development
– Native Windows development
– Xamarin development environment
– Ideally a BSc degree in a field directly related to software development or equivalent
– Strong technical experience in application design and programming and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Ability to write clear, concise code in C# using a variety of standard .NET libraries and utilising Object Oriented techniques.
– Experience with Xamarin development a major advantage
– Experience implementing formal software design patterns in large-scale solutions.
– Solid understanding of REST principles
– Experience with multi-tiered architectures in a SOA environment
– Experience utilising unit testing and mocking frameworks
– Ideally experience with Agile Development methodologies
Salary circa £40,000 depending on experience