We are working on behalf of an international group, a world leading Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer who are currently looking for an experienced Senior Planner to join them at their site in the West Midlands.
Responsible for the translation of Customer demand into production and material plans, which meet the company’s objectives, in terms of Quality, Cost and delivery. Must be able to support new project introduction and the implementation of new business systems.
• First line responsible for planning issues
• Daily production meeting
• Daily/Weekly/Monthly KPI’s
• Ensure team are trained and supported in their daily duties
• Monitor & control performance of team
• Receive customer schedules and translate into accurate sales data.
• Produce detailed production plans, monitor performance to plan and advise / implement corrective actions.
• Manage finished stock levels in line with company targets to ensure we achieve 100% delivery performance.
• Provide accurate forecast requirements to calculate labour requirements and sales forecast
• Regular and effective communication with relevant customers.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement activities within the Production Control area.
• Be a key member of the New Projects team with responsibility for co-ordinating all Production Control and Logistics activities during new project introduction and product run out.
Ideal candidates should be educated to HNC level
These should include:
• Experience in Supervision
• Extensive Automotive experience
• Demonstrated success in a high quality, high volume, lean environment
• Have a good working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP) and Microsoft Office applications to an advanced level.
• Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated success in making significant contribution to continuous improvement activities.
• Have an understanding / awareness of EDI & Customer portal requirements.
• Demonstrated success in implementing JIT, Kanban, Lean principles.
Skills, Behaviour and competencies required
• Proactively seeking improvement within the department
• Flexible working methods
• Ability to work under pressure
• Based in Cannock but will be required to travel intermittently to other UK sites & customer locations; a driving licence preferred.
• 39 hours basic. Monday – Friday. There is an expectation of additional hours to be worked as business needs