We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are currently looking for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer to join them at their site in the West Midlands.
Reporting into the Operations Quality Manager you will be responsible for Coordinating and providing support for operations in maintaining high levels of product quality through being the technical knowledge holder in quality techniques. Is also responsible for the maintaining a high degree of customer liaison. This role is based in Cannock however you will be expected to travel to other UK sites.
• Coordinating development and maintenance of quality documentation and controls.
• Coordination of compilation of customer specific documentation.
• To be a capable user of core quality tools & techniques and their application, typically: SPC, Ishikawa, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams, Stratification etc.
• Coordination and supporting the Internal manufacturing teams with regard to the timely resolution of Customer and Internal quality concerns.
• Support the NPI teams during the development of Controls Plans, PFMEA, Gauge Planning etc. and highlight potential failure modes ref Lessons Learnt.
• Support the Internal Audit team by performing various Internal Audits.
• Understanding and utilisation of Automotive Core tools such as APQP, PPAP, PFMEA processes.
• Champion to promote compliance to company systems, procedures and control plan requirements
• Provide and communicate Quality / process data to the Manufacturing Teams and facilitate actions to improve.
• Monitor relevant KPI s for dept and report where required.
• Manage the activities of Quality Engineers. Provide appropriate training for other roles within the department.
• Pro-actively visit customer / supplier locations to resolve customer concerns and maintain high levels of customer liaison.
• Proven background in successful application of QA techniques supported by excellent problem solving skills.
• Current driving license, as travel to other UK sites and suppliers will be required as and when necessary.
• Possess the ability to lead and motivate a small team of people with confident presentation skills to promote ideas to the team and motivate them to achieve results.
• Strong experience with customer liaison
• Strong understanding of OEM customer specific requirement
• Experience within Automotive 1st tier supply within a Quality department.
• Good knowledge of Metal forming and fabrication processes
• Ability to demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
• Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership.
• The ability to lead cross functional team members
• A proven background of leadership abilities combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Minimum HNC in Manufacturing or Engineering
• Quality Assurance Qualification