My client is a leading independent specialist engineering organisation, with two separate business divisions across two sites in Tyne and Wear. Covering both sites, my client seeks a Senior Quality Manager to manage both business unit’s quality functions.
- Taking the lead to ensure that the Quality Management Systems are appropriate, updated and followed throughout the business from Sales to Purchasing and from Raw Materials to product delivery.
- Planning, implementation and management of a continuous improvement programme for the group.
- Leading TQM
- Quality and CI strategy
- Working closely with the Senior Management Team as well as the Team Leaders ensuring complete company adherence to quality standards
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable experience gained as a Quality Manager in an engineering environment. Key selection criteria includes:
- Ideally educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline
- Ideally with experience of managing multiple sites
- Quality auditing certification
- Continuous improvement expertise, ideally possessing a Six Sigma Green Belt as a minimum, black belt preferred but not essential
- Experience of lean and agile manufacturing techniques
- Excellent IT skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of implementing ISO9001:2008
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of implementing Quality Management Systems
- Keen eye for statistical data
- Excellent communication skills