Solutions Recruitment are delighted to be assisting our client with a retained search for a Senior Systems Engineer. My client is a leading international communications technology business based in Tyneside. Working within their Systems Engineering Group and reporting to the Engineering & Project Director, they require a Senior System Engineer to play an integral role in pre-contract activities for proposals and tenders and all aspects of system design and manufacturing support during the delivery phase.
The System Engineer may be appointed, on a project-by-project basis, as the Project Technical Manager, and as such, he/she will be responsible for all technical aspects of project implementation, utilising the other technical, procurement, contracts, project control and other appropriate resources available within the company.
Other key responsibilities of the role include:
- Site surveys
- Cost estimating
- Proposal input
- Systems design
- Subsystem Design, including production of: system schedules, equipment parts lists, equipment & system handbooks, design & drawing facilities
- Evaluation and specification of OEM major subsystems & equipment
- Provision of technical support to the Project Manager
- Provision of costed technical solutions to customer requirements
- Production of product defining specifications
- Production of input to R&D proposals
- On-site support to project teams for system commissioning & acceptance testing
- At the discretion of Management, a Systems Engineer may be appointed to manage a Project.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess systems design experience gained in a leadership position and are educated to Degree level in an appropriate Engineering discipline or Physics/Maths.
Key selection criteria for the role includes:
- Demonstrable systems engineering experience gained ideally in communications technology setting
- Experience gained in a supervisory/management/team leader capacity
- Proven project management expertise
- Demonstrable systems integration expertise
- Experience of Commissioning and installation
- Excellent customer management skills
- Experience of managing the full product lifecycle, from conception to delivery
- Born problem-solver and innovator
- Must be comfortable with frequent international travel
- Must be culturally empathetic, comfortable with presenting to clients of varying cultural backgrounds
- Methodical problem-solver