Solutions Recruitment are looking to recruit a Senior Technical Claims Handler to work within a Motor department for a prestigious organisation in Glasgow.
Providing technical and practical support in dealing with the recovery of insurers outlays; from issue of proceedings through to enforcement along with managing a team
Main Responsibilities: –
- To take initial instructions from the clients and to advise, as appropriate on the legal action and all the alternatives, as appropriate, open to the client.
- To be responsible for managing the daily activity of the team as well as ensuring the team delivers first class service to the areas of the business support.
- To ensure the team is meeting the required standard to comply with the client and internal expectations and policies.
- To provide professional and informative primary point of contact for all customers, clients and third parties whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Assist the Team Manager and the deputy with the co-ordination of resources, management of daily workloads and productivity as well as achieving service level standards and optimising staff levels and ensuring maximum number of inbound and outbound calls.
- Provide technical support to the team and work provider on both procedural and liability issues.
- Ensure delivery of all operational SLA’s and KPI’s as agreed with providers.
- Provide training to team members on complex issues or change in law reforms.
- To manage a complex case load of non-injury motor accident claims independently, ensuring compliance with service level agreements and court dates.
Ideally the successful candidate will have sound knowledge of the Motor Insurance claims together with a confident and positive attitude in a very busy work environment.
Experience of working in a similar role or have a background in the Motor/Insurance/PI/Debt Recovery or Credit Hire sectors along with excellent team leader / management experience would also be considered.