The purpose of this role is to effectively manage all resources, within a safe & healthy environment, to consistently deliver both short and long term production targets, on time, and bettering or meeting budget requirements. Drive high standards of product safety & quality, through the consistent delivery of housekeeping, hygiene, process control & training requirements. Act as a champion for World Class manufacturing and embed a culture of continuous improvement throughout your team to beat the cost of goods targets by providing strong and consistent leadership.
- Ensure the working environment, equipment, plant and people meet with legislative and internal health and safety standards at all times.
- Where hazards are identified and risk levels are deemed unacceptable immediate action must be taken by you to remove the hazard or where this is not possible reduce the risk to acceptable levels.
- Co-ordinate your departments to complete risk assessments, and where required complete assessments yourself, according to scheduled requirements or as required where circumstances, equipment or people change from previously agreed standards. Close out actions generated from these assessments immediately should the risk/s be unacceptable or as directed by the Operations Manager otherwise.
- Be certain that product safety and hygiene requirements meet both internal specification and HACCP requirements at all times.
- Maintain the required high standard of housekeeping and GMP across the site at all times.
- Ensure all products meet the requirements of the internal specifications and are produced in line with the Quality Management System. Ensure your team communicate any necessary amendments or deviations to the Technical Department.
- To appraise and develop your team to ensure they have a clear understanding of the expectations of their role in the business. To identify skill gaps in existing staff with your Team Leaders and the Training Co-ordinator to ensure training offered leads to optimum flexibility and adequate holiday / absence cover within and across your team.
- Ensure all members of your teams are completely conversed with the KPI and business targets and how their role can influence achievement. Make all measures clear and unambiguous for all, with regular good quality feedback encouraged at all levels.
- Effective preparation to meet the production plan and wherever possible effectively ‘early warn’ against future problems and issues whilst identifying solutions.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- Outstanding communication skills
- A strong team player
- High levels of self-motivation
- Experience Training and Guiding Small Groups
- Previous food industry experience essential within a fast paced business in a similar position.
- A Degree or HND standard of education
- Advanced Food Hygiene and Health & Safety