My client is an industry leading manufacturing company based in County Durham . Currently experience phenomenal growth and performance, my client boasts a proud history and are looking to add to their 20+ strong maintenance function with the appointment of a new Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
Working on a 4 on 4 off, basis on 12 hour shifts, you will report into the Maintenance Manager and work effectively with Production Supervisors to ensure downtime is limited and efficiency at optimum levels. Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Reactive and preventative maintenance
- Fault finding
- Electrical, mechanical and plant maintenance solutions
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met
- Play a major part in the running of each individual shift
- Effectively respond to breakdowns
- Generate, develop and implement downtime improvement ideas with the department
- Contribute and help run continuous improvement activities
- Provide clear and concise communication within the team and to all internal stakeholders
- Work with suppliers to ensure spares availability, organise and manage on site contractors etc.
- Contribute to the business strategy
- Achieve goals set with shift supervisors
- Implement and continuously improve Planned Maintenance Schedule
To be considered for the role, its is essential that you are Time-Served (including certification) multi-skilled maintenance professional with experience gained in the manufacturing or engineering sectors. You will also possess the following:
- 17th/18th edition wiring certification
- City & Guilds/NVQ level 3 in an appropriate discipline
- Good knowledge of 3 phase motors, start ups etc.
- First-rate fault-finding skills
- Experience gained in a fast moving, high volume manufacturing environment
- Comfortable working at heights
- First rate communication and leadership skills
- Pro-active problem solver who uses their own initiative
- Knowledge of continuous improvement activities
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic organisation, candidates will be ideally available to start work within 4 weeks.