We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are currently on the lookout for an experienced Shift Leader to join them in their press shop facility in the West Midlands.
Reporting in to the Shift Manager you will be Leading a small team of Press Production Team Members and Technicians taking responsibility for the day to day smooth running of their area. Their role will involve managing Team Members to ensure first level QCDP targets are achieved. This role may suit someone looking to progress their career to production management.
- Responsible for team’s adherence to Safety requirements including PPE and Safe Systems of Work at all times. Handling any non compliance.
- Responsible for team’s adherence to Quality systems and standardised work. Handling any non compliance.
- Understanding of performance against delivery plan at all times and dealing with issues that may/do cause downtime
- Responsible for achieving production targets and ensuring blows and stroke rate targets are achieved.
- Ensure the completion of first off part conformance checks
- Responsible for adherence to die change standards and maintaining die change over times to the expected target.
- Conduct hand over briefings covering safety, KPI target adherence and general plant communication
- Assignment of labour and duties for the shift.
- Updating and presenting SQCD visual management
- First level escalation of problems affecting or potentially affecting their area of responsibility
- Training and competence assessment of all operators to ‘U’level on all equipment and processes including MSA for defect detection to ensure full production operational flexibility.
- Development of team with regards to Standardised Work, SMED activity and the zero pass of defective parts to the next process.
- Liaise with support services to solve problems
- Active participation in Continuous Improvement/ problem solving activities
- Carry out new starter inductions with all new workers to the area at start
- Experienced production operative who has exhibited rigour in their approach to Safety and Quality. Has been proactive and participated regularly in Problem Solving exercises. Able to demonstrate a professional approach to receiving and delivering training.
- Able to lead by example in adherence to pre-defined systems of work with rigour and discipline – escalates issues where necessary.
- A good interdepartmental communicator that can solve issues systematically & objectively.
- Ability to develop their team to maximise team performance and delivery through engagement, enforcement of systems and communications.
- Experience in a similar paced production environment is essential.
- People management and development.
A flexible attitude towards working hours is essential. This role will be working a 3 shift pattern.