• Oversee a two man ships agency operation in the North East of England
• Create work rosters
• Manage the ships agency staff member
• Undertake annual appraisals.
• Liaise with ship – owners, charterers, and operators, primarily with email and other forms of communications, updating the client of prospects and performance as and when the clients vessels are in port
• Understanding the requirements of port authorities, HM Border Force, HM Revenue and customs relating to the port calls of clients vessels.
• Understand the port costs in all of the local ports, and be able to create pro forma disbursements
• Work with the company HQ in Grangemouth regarding financial requirements
• Become familiar with and operate the companies operational/financial IT system.
• Manage local petty cash and cheque payments
• Attend company management meetings
• Report operational issues to Senior management
• Assist in developing the region on the companies behalf
• Represent the companies interests with local industry and ports
• Salary subject experience
• Basic Hours Monday to Friday 0800-1700, additional out of hours work and weekend cover may be required
• Overtime available, subject to business levels
• Car allowance scheme
• Tax free business mileage
• 4 weeks holiday
• Contributory company pension scheme
• Contributory healthcare after qualifying period
• Company will undertake the costs for professional exam fees, and tuition through distance learning modules.
The job would ideally suit a person with some ships agency experience who is keen on taking on the first step into a managerial role. The role requires a highly motivated and numerate self starter who can recognise that this role is an opportunity to help in the overall development of the ships agency business throughout the UK.