Software Developer, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
£30,000 – £40,000
In addition you will:
– Work alongside Business Analysts and Testers to ensure systems are delivered to specification.
– Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the Software Delivery Team in areas such as continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated testing.
– Promote technical excellence in the team by developing clean and well tested code.
– Actively participate in an agile environment that promotes collaboration and communication.
– Mentor junior developers in all aspects of software development.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
– Minimum 2 years of experience working with Java and web technologies in a commercial environment.
– Commercial experience with one or more of the following tools and technologies is essential:
· Python or similar scripting languages
· JEE application servers
· RDBs such as MySQL, MS SQL and SQLite
· SOAP and REST web services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
· Version control systems such as Subversion and GIT
Commercial experience with the following tools and technologies is highly desirable:
· Apache Tomcat
· CI tools with a preference for Jenkins
· Test automation tools with a preference for Selenium
· Business Process Management (BPM) tools with a preference for OpenText
· Content Management Systems (CMS) with a preference for OpenText
· Experience working in an agile environment using test driven development (TDD) is desirable.
– Education to degree standard within a computing related field is desirable as are Industry recognised qualifications such as OCP Java Programmer.