A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a finance professional with purchasing experience who has proven experience in reducing costs while maintaining the quality of materials and service delivery.
You will apply financial analysis to all areas of your work, you will have an excellent understanding of what data is needed for analysis projects and be able to gather the relevant data accordingly, you will then draw conclusions from your analysis an effectively communicate this to the relevant people.
- Procures inventory, supplies, and capital goods; places purchase orders with vendors.
- Analyses sourcing and purchasing initiatives and processes in support of the delivery of cost
- effective and high quality goods and services.
- Prepares and presents recommendations of improvement opportunities and alternative courses of action to senior purchasing/sourcing leaders.
- Consistently applies sourcing policies, procedures and processes.
- Supports purchasing/sourcing management in activities such as price benchmarking, vendor management, process analysis, market and industry research, and model building.
- Conducts minor contract negotiations.
- Gathers information and provides input on larger contracts.
- Manages loading and retrieving of legal and compliance documents into applicable storage systems to support regulatory, audit and research activities.
- Assists in the process of interviewing and evaluating sales representatives and vendors.
- Supports Six Sigma projects through active team membership or provision of data and market intelligence.
- Interacts with suppliers with regard to payments and order fulfilment.
The ideal candidate will have Advanced Excel skills.
- Project management and the ability to manipulate data in complex projects
- Contract development including statement of work and performance metrics
- Purchasing ethics
- Strategy development in relation to market influences and impacts