We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are on the lookout for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join them at their site in the West Midlands.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for Supporting project teams with nomination and successful introduction of all suppliers and components for new projects. Co-ordinating and reporting of Quality, Cost & Delivery performance.
To support project teams with the introduction of new products and suppliers from nomination to SOP following a common GPCS procedure. To work as a member of the UK STA team. Communicate Quality, Cost and Delivery performance to the supply base and co-ordinate supplier development plans based on company needs and requirements.
- Managing the introduction and development of new suppliers to the approved suppliers list
- Support in the selection of capable suppliers for new projects from approved supplier’s list
- Support in the co-ordination of pre-nomination supplier meetings
- Support in ensuring robust selection process is undertaken
- Support feasibility and design reviews as required
- Co-ordinate supplier project planning reviews and supplier association activities
- Co-ordination and close out of Launch Readiness Reviews and PSW requirements
- Monitoring of Quality, Cost & Delivery reporting to suppliers
- Co-ordination of required quality reviews with both Steel and Bought Out Part Component suppliers
- Manage, lead and motivate supplier improvement teams assembled to delivered results
- Keeping abreast of new initiatives and activities relating to supplier development
- Support when required supplier quality concern resolution and ensure robust counter measure close out.
- Local KPI management and reporting at UK group level
- Maintain conformance to TS 16949 working procedures, ISO 14001, and VDA 6.3 as required.
- Support UK plant audits (external and customer).
- Help to develop and improve UK working procedures.
This will require domestic and foreign travel as necessary to support the customer and company objectives.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- Capable of working autonomously with objectives being set by the Management team (Quality & Purchase).
- Interpersonal skill level capable of communicating with all levels of management
- General computer literacy with a working knowledge of all relevant software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Knowledge of production processes and logistics flows
- Objective/independent audit skills
- Recognised formal Engineering and/or Quality qualification – Degree/HNC level preferred.
- Day Shift
- 39 hours per week