My client is a SME specialist engineering organisation with ambitious growth plans to double in size by 2022. Based from their Teesside HQ and reporting to the Head of Operations, my client seeks to appoint a Supply Chain Specialist – Purchasing & Supplier Management.
The Supply Chain Specialist – Purchasing & Supplier Management, will be responsible for taking a strategic approach to the purchase of goods, materials and services (inc. sub-contract supplier management & development) to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Assess & develop current supply base, build relationships with key suppliers, and identify resource and consolidation opportunities – UK and international
- Ensure all suppliers conform to strict quality protocols for both parts and documentation
- Be accountable for the KPI’s associated with managing an effective supply chain
- Support other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Manage the inflow of material in line with operational needs and company inventory policies.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable depth of experience gained working in procurement in a medium-high volume manufacturing environment. You must also possess particular expertise in supplier management inc. management of sub-contract service providers and materials management.
Key selection criteria:
- Relevant business/commercial and technical qualification preferred.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification
- Self-starter: Able to work on own-initiative
- Resilient with strong negotiation skills
- Experience of working with ERP systems (Sage experience preferred)
- Strategic eye
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong problem solving abilities
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfillment