My client is a leading specialist manufacturer of complex engineered components for a variety of end-user industry groups based in Teesside. Due to 25% annual growth and an increasing range of customers, they are looking to expand their engineering division with the appointment of a Technical Administrator.
- Engineering document control including release checks and file movement
- Creation of technical documentation , Drawings (digital + paper), manufacturing process documents – control plans, PFMEA, Work Instructions, inspection sheets
- Administration of the Engineering Change Control process including development of templates for efficiency improvement on support documentation
- Control engineering inputs, including BOM creation and maintenance on SAGE (or other) MRP system
- Maintain and update internal and customer related engineering specifications and verification documentation
- Maintain product configuration control.
- Contract Review co-ordination
- Support internal and external engineering audits and departmental process improvements
- Bridge departmental (Operations/QA/Engineering) requirements for document control
- Digitization projects and recording new business pipeline data
- Technical Filing on to business systems
- Planning and product research
To be considered for the role it is essential that you possess technical administration experience gained in an engineering or manufacturing environment. Ideally educated to HNC level as a minimum in a relevant discipline. Other key selection criteria for the role includes:
- Knowledge of administration in an engineering or technical environment.
- Capable of interpreting engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of using production or technical database systems.
- Computer literate including intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint and e mail. MS Project awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- An understanding of the importance of revision control.
- Analytical mind-set
The role will ideally suit an experienced technical administrator, with excellent organisational skills and document control expertise. The role comes with excellent developmental opportunities and the chance to make a major impact in a rapidly growing organisation with ambitious further growth plans.