Test Analyst, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
To £30,000 depending on experience, investment in training, flexible working hours, very competitive holiday allowance
Part of a very successful, mature global business, our client is a market leader within the UK who now need to hire an experienced Test Analyst for their North East based site.
The purpose of the role is to participate in high quality planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests using appropriate tools and techniques.
The testing team is part of a wider IT function which the Test Analyst will work closely with to deliver the best solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
– Defining and creating test cases from analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications
– Producing and maintaining test artefacts.
– Specifying test requirements for environment, data, resources and tools
– Interpreting, executing and documenting complex test scripts and scenarios using agreed methods and standards
– Fault recording and management.
– Participating in quality inspections of work done by Development team
– Mentoring of less experienced staff when required
Experience and Qualifications required:
– A minimum of 2 years experience as a test analyst, both functional and non functional
– ISEB Foundation in Software Testing is desirable but not essential
– Able to work to the V Model methodology. Experience of Agile beneficial
– Good working knowledge of fault recording systems
– Experience of working with Test Automation Tools is desirable but not essential.
In addition applicants will need to demonstrate:
– A dedication to quality and a meticulous approach
– A proactive and flexible work ethic
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent time management and planning and organisational skills
– Self-motivation, be proactive, enthusiastic and committed to a testing career track
– Responsibility for personal development