We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are on the lookout for an experienced time served Toolmaker to join them at their site in the west midlands.
To carry out repairs and maintenance to all tooling including dies, jigs and fixtures within predetermined timescales. To also carry out any other duties, including overtime, relevant to the post which may arise thus ensuring a comprehensive and flexible service to the business and the department.
• Must complete all tool notes without fail.
• Carry out effective maintenance and repairs so there is not an indirect effect on cost depreciation value of tools.
• Must complete all work within set timescales dictated by production/customer requirements. All completed work must be logged on the Tooling Repair Request note and the appropriate Tooling Record is updated.
• Evaluate each individual job to determine whether it can be repaired in Press or whether this must be removed to Toolroom for essential maintenance and repair work.
• Communicate effectively with shift managers and press technicians to ensure all issues are resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
• Estimate the length of time required to complete a job and plan ahead for any issues that may arise to ensure you are working within the required timescales.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
• Apprentice trained with an engineering qualification.
• Previous experience in fault finding within the role.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Previously operated potentially dangerous machinery.
• Strong understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
Experience in the following:
• Die dismantling
• Crane slinging
• Gas spring maintenance and repair
• Tool polishing
• Mig, Tig and Arc welding
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
• Ideally has experience in transfer and progression press tooling.
• Forklift truck and overhead cranes licences are desirable, but not necessary.
Experience in some or all of the below equipment is desirable:
• Surface Grinding machines
• Cylindrical Grinding machines
• Milling machines
• Pedestal Drilling machines
• Radial Drilling machines
• Jig Boring machines
• Hand Held Power tools
• Various Hand Held manual tools
• Sine bars
• Slip gauges
• Height gauges
• Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills, open to change and have a can-do approach.
• Highly organised with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritise workload.
• 39 hour working week, shift and overtime will be essential.