An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Improvement Engineer. Working within a small team, your role will be to drive the implementation of lean principles and methodologies through the production system and to deliver real improvements in productivity and cost reduction through the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques. You will work with teams from all areas of the business to identify and eliminate NVA activities throughout the company.
- Facilitate the achievement of Company targets in productivity and cost.
- Lead Kaizen activities to make stepped improvements through team based workshops.
- Conduct NVA/Waste Elimination activities to identify and project manage real cost reduction.
- Conduct Value Stream Mapping Analysis to assist in the identification of Continuous Improvement targets throughout the company.
- Take part in the development and implementation of the production system, ensuring they are employed and sustained.
- Conduct Lean Workshops with the relevant plant teams to ensure lean methodology knowledge is gained by the entire team.
- Conduct regular Time Study analysis of all production facilities ensuring times are achievable and maintained.
- Develop Flexible manpower line layout philosophy working with NPI Project teams to ensure new products and line changes are within the methodology.
- Conduct Workshop Management / audits to check Lean sustainability.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- To have undertaken a four year apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- To be to or willing to be educated to HNC level in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and willing to progress.
- To have a basic knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing techniques.
- The capacity to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Flexible approach and willing to learn new tools and techniques in LEAN Manufacturing.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience desirable
- Experience using relevant software including Autocad and inventor.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual showing willingness to drive change within the organisation.
- 37.5 hours basic. Monday – Friday. Variable shift working.
- Based in North East but may be required to travel intermittently to other UK and international sites