This role will, on a day to day basis report to the HR Manager but will be ultimately responsible to the Training Manager. The role will encompass the management of the training function as developed by the Training Manager.
- Daily management of the Training & Development team inc T&A tracking, OT authorisation and other associated activities.
- The development and deployment of programmes that fully utilise government funding where available.
- The coordinate of Apprentice development activities Inc. Recruitment, Induction, Programme Monitoring, D&G, learning provider liaison and shall also assist with career development plans post qualification.
- The deployment of the appraisal process Inc – Coordinating training, Monitoring completion and analysis for translation to training plans.
- Ensuring all T&D activities comply with statutory, customer and business stds. Ie TS16949.
- Ensuring all training activities are coordinated, recorded and improved via Training Coordinator.
- Work with various other teams to improve training provision at the Cannock plant.
- Track and control budget adherence.
- Understanding current funding contract requirements and planning training & recording accordingly.
- Other training administration ie Fullstep requisitions, compiling funding claims data.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
These should include:
- Have experience in a high volume, high quality manufacturing environment.
- Have experience in developing learning and development activities and linking these to recognised qualifications that attract government funding.
- Have knowledge and experience of instructing.
- Be capable of working under minimal supervision to specific objectives and be comfortable in coordinating action plans to address day to day training related issues.
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible attitude towards duties, working hours and overtime as and when required.
- Excellent communication, numeracy and literacy skills.
- Possess an excellent timekeeping and attendance record.
- PC Literate, particularly Microsoft Office software.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience desirable