We are working on behalf of our client. An international group that manufacture within Tier 1 Automotive who currently have a vacancy for an experienced Value Stream Improvement Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
To be the company Body in White value stream engineer working with all the plant Directors to identify cost down opportunities. Report monthly the progress of each Project to the Commercial and Plant Directors.
• Liaise with BIW Plants to identify cost down opportunities and develop action plans with the Plant Directors
• Be the lead representative in working with the Customers.
• Lead internal Cadence meetings ensuring Customer set targets are met at Plant level.
• Liaise with Manufacturing Engineering (UK & Europe) to assist in cost saving idea / design improvement sharing.
• Ability to manipulate, view and understand CAD data and Engineering drawings/GDT.
• Assist in general Business requirement as appropriate.
The Cost down engineer will be spending 20% of time on customer site. Also required to travel to all UK sites to support in Plant level meetings.
Qualifications, Experience and behaviours required
• Experienced in development of BIW systems and components and ideally have an understanding of manufacturing techniques associated with products being developed ; forging, bending, assembly, pressing, tooling and welding processes, would be a beneficial
• Experience of delivering Projects within time and budget constraints
• Experience of Project Management techniques.
• Good communication skills to interact at all levels across the business including customers, suppliers, sales and engineers both internal and 2nd Tier, with ability to present to a senior level of management
• Ability to understand, interpret and act upon customer feedback.
• Have proven engineering background (ideally in BiW components)
• Qualified to Graduate level in appropriate engineering discipline
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft software such as Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Strong team-working skills, decision making, and ability to provide direction as appropriate
• Proactive and positive attitude and approach.
• Spanish preferred, but not essential.
• Experience of Catia V5 and Team-centre software (optional)