We are working on behalf of our client, an International Group who manufacture within Tier 1 Automotive that are looking for an experienced Shift Supervisor / Team Leader to join them on a permanent basis at their site in Llanelli.
• To supervise, organise and co-ordinate all operators to include Health & Safety, work deployment and discipline.
• Conduct start of shift brief to team.
• To promote and control best practice in house- keeping in all areas of the department.
• To complete all relevant health and safety documentation including SCAR forms and accident recording whilst continually assessing ways to reduce accidents.
• To ensure all guard sign offs are completed and recorded accordingly.
• Conduct PPE audit on all shop floor personnel.
• To complete all Return to work documentation for all team members.
• To monitor attendance and record absence and lateness
• To ensure all training is up to date, liaising with the training department to discuss the development of team members and what is required.
• Monitor SOP and updates, ensuring all team members are adhering to SOP.
• To review and brief team members on all care point issues.
• To complete all record cards.
• Ensure all rework and scrap sheets have been completed and handed to shift manager.
• To ensure all first offs are completed correctly.
• Complete weekly PPE audit sheet and ensure it is submitted to shift manager.
• Monitor CAPTOR and ensure it is completed.
• Responsible for the efficiency of each section.
• Ensure SMED report is complete and adherence to plan
• Complete all close outs on SAP and ensure manuals complete all labels.
• Ensure performance sheets have been completed including scores and downtime reasons.
• To organise work patterns, overtime, holiday coverage, etc. in line with Company requirements
• To monitor section Key Performance Indicators and provide information for Departmental reporting.
• To promote improvement in people skills and environment
• To enforce ‘best practice’ in Health & Safety on all aspects of day-to-day working.
• To support the material flow processing on plant by ensuring SAP process is followed.
• To deputise for the shift manager in duties/tasks as identified
• Any other reasonable activity for which the individual is trained and able to undertake.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes
• Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
• Good interpersonal and organisation skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
• To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership.
Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
Familiar with Microsoft Office Packages such as Outlook, Word & Excel with an ability to learn other IT Programmes such as CAPTOR & SAP
Previous experience of managing teams is desirable.
Able to demonstrate via aptitude testing, good written, reading & numerical skills – Essential (Candidates who are shortlisted will be asked to complete this short test online)
IOSH Managing Safely – Desirable
ILM Level 3 Qualification – Desirable
3 shift role.